Lessons our Pets Teach Us
The holidays have come and gone and January is almost over already! When reflecting on the year prior and this past month, we can look to our pets for valuable lessons:
- Our pets go after what they want- They see a bird in their back yard they are going to chase after it! Dogs are always aiming to please and many enjoy learning a new trick with their owner. We can learn that we need to chase after our dreams and goals. Want to go after that dream job? Go for it…the time is now!
- Take time to relax- smell the roses as they say. We live in a world where its go go go all the time. We can learn from our pets that a simple pleasure like going for a walk on a beautiful day can do the soul good (perfect bonding opportunity with your pup too)
- Stay curious- Your pups are always smelling new smells and being curious. When they get a new toy, they want to learn all about it and play with it all the time. This year, learn a new skill, read more, or start new hobby.
- Exercise daily- Let this year be the year that you find balance and take time for yourself to try that yoga class or join the basketball league.
- Love unconditionally- this might be the biggest lesson that we can learn from our four-legged pals. They love us on our good days and our bad ones.
- Last but not least, the lesson as Ellen always says, be kind to one another. Our pups show us that with their wagging tails and slobbery kisses!