Holiday Gift Guide
One of our favorite times of the year around here is Christmas. A time to give and spend quality time with family, especially our four legged family members. Below are some gift ideas for pet lover, our pups, and kitties too!
Perkies Print- what is better than a giant sized picture of your pets? We have 2 (one of each) and it puts an instant smile on our faces. In the picture above you can see the one we bought. We have hanging in our office and its a instant good mood looking at that smile.
Coffee Table Book- The Dogist will be a hit will all of your guests. Beautiful pictures of dogs throughout.
Christmas Ornament- We all need an ornament with a picture of our precious pooches on the tree.
A donation in honor of your pet- nothing feels better than giving back to animals in need. The local shelters are always in need of support. If you do not want to do a monetary donation you can donate supplies.
The Neater Feeder- is your dog a messy eater? Our one dog Dee is a very messy eater and her meals go everywhere! We found this and it has saved our walls and cabinets from the mess!
Antler Bone- These bones will last forever. We buy one per year and it lasts. They will also keep your pups busy during the colder months when they can’t go outside as much.
KONG- you can never have too many of these. Put some peanut butter and banana inside and your pup will be a happy one.
Rainbow Cat Charmer- Gets your cat interacting with you running around chasing the string!
A cozy cat cave– its no secret that our felines like to snuggle up and relax.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family…furry family members too!
Ways to give back during the holidays
The holidays are quickly approaching! Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? This time of year is such a great time to give back. Here is a list of ideas on ways to give back to the community:
-Volunteer at a local animal shelter- Shelters are always in need of extra hands with many tasks that need to be done. This is especially true around the Holidays.
– Check out events the local animal shelters are doing during the holiday season. They always have ways to give back such as a Pet Photo with Santa at the Baltimore Humane Society. Money raised will go back to the shelters.
– Buy some extra pet food- When you are shopping for your own pet, buy some extra and donate to the local animal shelter for the pets in need. You can also donate items such as blankets, peanut butter, kongs, etc. You could also organize your own pet food drive in your community and donate a huge amount of items to the shelter.
– Become a foster parent- when you foster one animal you are actually saving two because the one you are fostering now has an open cage at the shelter for another animal. This is one of the best things you can do to give back. Many people say they could never foster because it’s so hard to say bye but you have to remember the impact you are making and all of the pets you are saving.
– Some shelters offer a program called Shelter Buddies Reading Program. You can take your child and they can read to the shelter animals. This helps but the child and the dogs. It calms the pets and your child gets to practice their reading skills.
– Adopt- what’s a better than giving a shelter animal a forever home?
We would love to hear of any ways that you like to give back during the holiday season!
Its the most wonderful time of the year!
The holidays are here! I don’t know about you, but I love this time of year! I especially love getting gifts for my fur babies! There’s already a few gifts under the tree and our pup Kooper keeps going over and sniffing out his gift! Here is our annual list of gift ideas.
For your Pup
- A dog bed- perfect for those cold winter days where they can snuggle up in and be nice and cozy
- Crumps dog treats- Our dogs love the Sweet Potato Chews so much they do zoomies when they sniff them out in the Amazon box.
- KONG- this is one of my favorites- fill it up with some peanut butter and banana and it will keep your pups distracted and stimulated
- Barkbox- this box usually includes a toy, treats, and a chew
- A new collar- is your pups collar looking a little shaggy? Find some cute ones on Etsy.
For you Cat
- A new cat bed- upgrade your cats bed so they have a nice place to relax
- Kitty treats – nothing better than a special treat
- A Bergan Turbo Cat Scratcher toy- this durable toy will keep your cat active and will provide fun for your companion
For your Pet lover friends and family
- Pop Your Pup shirt- Nothing says ultimate dog mom like one of these shirts! All you have to do is send in a picture of your pet you want to use and pick the cool background
- Personalized ornament with their pets name on it
- Dogist Book– this would be the perfect book for the coffee table
- The Book: A Dog’s Purpose – this book is good! All dog lovers will appreciate this read
- A gift certificate for an Agility class with Fido
- Apparel- How cute is this shirt at Life is Good?
Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Gift Buying Guide for the Holidays
Tis the season! If you are like us, we are trying to finish up our holiday shopping and are trying to find the perfect gifts for our loved one! Here’s a list of some ideas:
For the Pooches:
A chew bone-By nature, dogs like to chew. We like giving the antlers to Dee and Koop- they last forever and do not splinter which is safer. Another good chew is a bully stick.
A new harness – We personally love the Freedom Harness. It makes taking the pups for a walk a true pleasure. It’s especially a great harness for dogs that pull.
A BarkBox- Don’t know what kind of treats or toys to get your pooch? Leave that to the BarkBox team. Each month is different. Our dogs get excited when they see a package come in the mail because they assume it’s a BarkBox with new treats for them to try!
Dispensing food toy-The Kong and Kong Wobbler is one of our favorites! These toys are a great outlet for your dog and after some productive food hunting, your dog may just take a nap afterwards.
For the Cats:
Mouse toy– Perfect size for the kitties to carry and bat at
Cat Tree– Perfect unit for scratching, climbing, sleeping, and exercising
For the Owners:
Coffee Table Book – Have you heard of Wine Dogs? What is better than dogs and wine? Not much right? Well this coffee table book is adorable and the perfect gift for that dog lover friend! Another great one is Dogist
Subscription to Dogster, The Bark, or Modern Dog- great reading material for the pet lovers!
Pop Your Pup Shirt– Your dog loving friends will love this! A picture of your pup on your shirt? Yes, please! : )
Happy Holidays to your and your four-legged pals!!
Tis the season to be jolly…Christmas is coming!
I know I say this every month but how is it December already? Doesn’t it feel like summer was just yesterday? Whew…I need to start my Christmas shopping! I know some of you are like me and need to finish up your Christmas shopping. With that being said, have you gotten a gift for your four legged family members? Here is a list of some of the things that are on Koopers and Dees Wish List ; )…
- Donation to your favorite national or local organization. This is one of my favorite things to do in honor of our two pups since we adopted them from one of our favorite local animal shelters. We usually do a donation on their birthday but Christmas is a great time too!
- KONG Wobbler Dispensing toy- Do any of your dogs eat their food really fast? This is a great way to provide exercise for your dog and promoting mental stimulation while it challenges them to get the treats out.
- BarkBox subscription– Get the box delivered to your front door…your dogs will be happy pups when they see the delivery guy! Typically there are two toys and two or three different kinds of treats for your pup to try. BarkBox gives back too. They donate 10% of their profits to dogs in need.
- Nylabone- These are Kooper and Dee approved! They enjoy the Big Chew one. I also like that it is made in USA! Just make sure you get the proper size for your pup!
- We don’t want to forget the kitties! Our favorite cat toy suggestion is a cat wand. It’s a great way to interact with your cat!
Hope you all enjoy this holiday season with the ones you love!
Also, If you would like to help we will be collecting items for the Holiday Wish List at Baltimore Humane Society. I know this season is a busy one so if you would like to participate but do not have the time to drop off I can deliver for you! Happy Holidays!