Walk a Dog and Raise Money
Have you heard of the app called Walk the Dog? I know I have mentioned this fantastic app a while ago, but it’s so awesome I wanted to share it again! We all know that walking our pups is a great bonding time and a great way to enjoy the outdoors. As a triple bonus, we can also log some extra steps on our Fitbit!
As always there are countless benefits from walking with your pups!
- Walking helps to keep you and your dog more healthy
- Regular exercise controls their weight
- Destructive behavior could be eliminated- regular walks and exercise can reduce behavior from your dog that is destructive such as chewing and digging.
- A walk can also help your pup get rid of some of that extra energy they might have
- Increases the bond between you and your dog and he or she will gain more trust with you
Want to know how to get started with WalkForADog?
- First, download the Walk for a Dog app (a free download)
- Before you go on your walk, open the app to get all the steps counted for
- For each mile walked, money will be donated to the rescue you chose
- To setup which shelter or rescue you would like to walk for you can go to the set up page and under each state the participating organizations will be listed
- Your route, mileage, and speed are tracked
- You do not have to have a dog of your own to use this app
This is such a great way to give back to the shelter or rescue of your choice! If you do not have a four-legged companion of your own you should consider volunteering at your local shelter and walk some of the adoptable pups looking for their forever home!
To learn more information to go www.wooftrax.com