DIY Projects for your pets
Happy Fall everyone! Now with the weather getting cooler and the days getting shorter its the perfect time to do some DIY!
Fall has arrived and that means its the perfect time to curl up on the couch with your best pal with a blanket. Here is a project you can make for your pup, as a gift, or even for the pups at your local animal shelter.
You will need:
Two colors of fleece (two is nice because it can be reversible)
Cardboard cut into 5 X 5 in. square
Now time to make a blanket:
- Figure out what size you want the blanket. Obviously the larger the dog the bigger I would make the blanket.
- Make your measurements and add about 8-10 inches to the size for the fringe on the ends.
- Line up the two pieces of fabric so they are back to back
- Use the cardboard and cut 5 inch squares from each corner of both fabrics.
- With using the cardboard as a guide, cut lines all about the side about 5-6 in and ½ in wide.
- Knot the fringe on the ends to make sure they are safe and secure
- Wash your blanket when complete
- Give to your pooch and let them enjoy your creation!
Here is a easy DIY to make your pup. They will love throwing this around!
You will need:
A tennis ball
- Lay the t-shirt flat to mark your 3 cuts. You will need to make two cuts across the whole t-shirt about 5 inches wide. You will also need one strip that is about 2 inches wide. You will have a total of 3 pieces. Once you have those, cut those pieces at one end so that are longer.
- Lay the larger fabrics in a “X” and put the tennis ball in the middle.
- Now wrap the tennis ball with all of the pieces and know with the 2 inch fabric (You should have four wide strips at the end).
- Separate the four wide strips and cut each in three pieces to braid together
- Once you are done braiding, knot the bottom with one of the small pieces. Repeat with the three other wide pieces.
- Give to your pup to enjoy!
Hope your pup loves your DIY projects!